- Winemaker Garron Elmes strives to craft an uncompromising expression of the Naramata Bench, with minimal intervention, and no expense spared.
- The vineyard is located below the Lake Breeze property, on Okanagan Lake.
- Vineyard aspects are a combination of east- and west-facing, with sand and clay soils.
- Macintyre Merlot is made in the classic Pomerol style, blended with 10% Cabernet Franc. Beautifully ripe tannins, balanced acidity, and notes of black fruits and spice.
- Macintyre Chardonnay is partially barrel fermented for richness and depth, with a nose of green apple, citrus, and floral notes. Its crisp and clean acidity marries well with food, and ensures the wine will mature gracefully for years.
In 2001 we were attracted to the spectacular Naramata Bench. Although the beginnings were humble, the promising craft of a young winemaker inspired us to pour our hearts into this wild venture. Year after year, that same winemaker, the stunning landscape and our loyal family of staff and customers continue to create an emotive experience centred around wine, food and place. At its essence, MacIntyre Heritage Reserve is about family – not just family of the present but of the past and future. It is an uncompromising expression of the best that the Naramata Bench can produce, and a celebration of all who have been on this journey with us.